Wednesday, August 16, 2017

The after time

The day after Bob passed away we went to the funeral home and paid for the cremation, however they required the approval of all immediate family members. I signed, my sister signed, we did not give them the contact information for the other 2 sisters since one lives in Georgia and the other lives in (who cares).

A day after that they contacted my brothers and needed them to sign the paperwork. I had to intervene and have them come to my house and sign the paper work then sent it to the funeral home. Yesterday they sent me an email requiring me to sign and notarize an affidavit that the other 2 sisters were estranged and I would assume all liability. Both sisters would probably have wanted him to be cremated while he was still alive and I did not want them to be notified.

Today I got another email saying that the doctor finally signed the death certificate and Bob will be cremated 8-17-2017, we can pick him up the day after that.

I had notified many of his friends from Seattle but I only got responses from 2 of them. We did receive a card from my wife's former work where many people signed it, however none of them knew him.

The day after he died we went to the facility to get his belongings, the only thing we wanted was his ALF doll and the cross he wore. Someone had taken the ALF doll. A couple days later I got a call that they could not find it, but they did find his cross (a nurse had locked it in the nursing cart). We gave all his clothes to the facility.

No comments:

Post a Comment