Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Bob in the Hospital

I visited Bob yesterday. He was asleep most of the time. He could not remember my name and told the nurse I was a good friend.

They had brought him lunch but he could not stay awake long enough to eat it. He would fall asleep and then make weird faces like he was talking or reacting to something in a dream.

At one point he was asleep and Emergency! came on, he did not wake up but reacted to it in his dream with a big distorted smile.

At one point he woke up saw the cookie on his tray and started eating that, but would fall asleep, wake up eat some more, then fall asleep (repeat).

I spoke with a doctor and a nurse. They indicated that they thought he was being abused. I told them what I knew about him falling and how people are with him at his facility and they accepted what I told them.

I do not think he is being abused as his bruising does not seem to be from being beaten or from defending against (or blocking) abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment