Sunday, July 12, 2015

That was close

Today at Thanksgiving Bob asked if he had ever told me about how is mom never took a bath, but would take a sponge bath. I said yes he had told me, so.... he told me again. He was saying that he knew this because one day he walked by the bathroom and saw his mother cleaning herself with a wet wash cloth but mostly clothed, he then said "I'd really wish I had a picture" and paused I looked at my wife Like:
To which my wife nearly blew her drink out her nose.

He continued with "of the inside of the house I lived in, in East St. Louis".
Whew!

I don't believe she never took a bath, but she probably did so when he was not around.

He then went on to confuse my wide with a story about his Sister Helen, how she would smack him (when he was a kid) for no reason. That Helen married some guy who had been married before, so my wife said "so Helen was his second wife?". to which Bob said "No they got married", and then when Helen died he married another woman. My wife asked again "so Helen was his second wife?" which prompted him telling the whole story again.ಠ_ಠ

Then he came in to my room and started telling me about how he has been going down to storage every day. You may remember from previous posts that he said he was not going down there anymore because it was too hot. I reminded him of this and he did not remember saying it.

He also needs some shirts that are all cotton because in the summer it's too hot to wear the polyester ones and he refuses to wear t-shirts. My wife asked him in a convoluted way what is the most he wants to pay for shirts, and he talked about how expensive shirts were at target. I said "what is the most that you want to pay for shirts?" and he reiterated that the shirts at target are expensive.

Eventually he said "well I better get going".

He then repeated all of his stories all over again.

This happened another 2 times. ಠ_ಠ

No comments:

Post a Comment