Sunday, September 20, 2015

No Good Deed goes unpunished

Today at thanksgiving Bob was complaining that he doesn't like it here because he can't stand the heat. He made a snarky remark about how I made him move down here. I did not, but he does not remember that.

After dinner I retired to my computer room while my wife explained to him why he had to move and how bad off he was (as he had forgotten).

All he knows is that he had lots of friends in Seattle and none here, of course he doesn't try to get any friends. I had him join an o-gauge train club and he did not last a year before he got tired of it. He did not like the train layout they had (with all its problems) and he never tried to make friends or see other people collections.

He lamented that he could not get a hold of Bob (another Bob) who owned a dry cleaners in Seattle. He complained that whenever he called the number he had, no one answered.

Seems he was calling the dry cleaners number which other Bob had closed up and retired from a couple years ago.

My wife had a number and called it and he got to talk to other Bob for a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment