Friday, September 25, 2015

We are at a crossroads

Several days ago Bob was reporting stomach problems. It seems he has been having the problems for almost a month. This culminated in him going to the hospital because of atrial fibrillation. Basically this means that he could have had a heart attack, or a stroke and it can increase his dementia.

I am not sure what to do about this as he has become more depressed and has begun blaming me for all his unhappiness from moving here.

This weekend I plan on having a talk with him which I expect to go badly since he does not remember certain things that have happened to him in the last 3 years.

I made a list of all the things I and other people have done for him and it is currently 1.5 pages long, I expect it to be at least 2 pages when done.

Writing down all the things I (and others) have done for him brings a lot in to perspective, for instance I have saved him more than $30,000 dollars because of money the IRS wanted, his old hospital bills, and back child support.

I have to constantly remind him of what I have done and I am getting tired of  being blamed for all his unhappiness.

He has had multiple chances to meet people and make new friends and in every case he doesn't do it.

I don't know how much of all this is Alzheimer's or Dementia and how much is just and old man being pissy.

No comments:

Post a Comment