Monday, October 26, 2015

A trip to the Alzheimer's Doctor

I took Bob to his Alzheimer's doctor today. They did a memory test on him and he scored several points worse than the last one they did over a year ago. While I was explaining to the doctor all the things that were wrong with him, she sent him off with another doctor that was there, probably to allow me and her to talk without Bob present.

The jist of it is that Bob should not be driving, and I will be scheduling a driving evaluation of him. This way if he cannot drive it is not me that will be taking his license away or the doctor.

He won't like it if he loses his license.

I will have a follow up appointment with the doctor in 6 months and an appointment with a case worker to see about getting him signed up for ALTCS.

No comments:

Post a Comment