Saturday, October 10, 2015

Assteroids, Supermemory, and misspronouncements

So Bob has Hemorrhoids nuff said.

Yesterday he calls me and as usual he can't just say something he has to make a real long elaborate story about it.

Seems he could not find some staples and as usual when he can't find something he is NEVER the cause, it is always someone else.  He is always astounded when he can't find something. Like with the staples he said that it was "not possible" that he was out of staples.

Of course it is possible and very likely that he threw them out along with a whole bunch of stuff from his desk when he was moving.

When he can't find a book it's not because he is forgetful and misplaces things or whatever, it's because I or my nephew lost it/gave it away, or Dave in Seattle stole it or (as in one episode) ghosts hid it.

Several years ago he had been working on a train and a part that he needed was missing. He claimed he looked EVERYWHERE for it. So I decided I would find it. I moved everything and searched his desk and all the drawers. Checked the floor, and the whole time he was saying that I was wasting my time. I finally found it in his laptop case in a plastic bag in one of the pockets. He absolutely refused to admit that he put it there.

In the episode of September 2013 he was on a tare because he could not find his precious "Bryer Garret" book. I tried to look for it in his apartment (where I was almost certain it was). He would not let me. He wouldn't stop talking about it and obsessed over it for 2 months. Every time he told me about it I told him he would find it in his apartment and every time he would get mad and say it was not in there. When he finally found it IN HIS APARTMENT he ignored me when I told him, "I figured that was where he would find it". He totally dismisses anytime you point out that he might be at fault.

When he was looking for the book I decided to see if I could find him another one, but was having trouble locating it because HE WAS NOT PRONOUNCING THE NAME RIGHT, it's Beyer-Garratt not Bryer Garret. I still cannot get him to say it correctly.

Which brings up another thing he always miss-pronounces "Close" he says "close't" not closet (where you keep your clothes), close followed but a "t" sound like in "top". He does this with any word that ends in "ose" except for "hose" he always pronounces that right.

No comments:

Post a Comment