Saturday, May 16, 2015

Desktop Confusion

Bob called me today. As usual he asks if I am at home. Why this matters I am not sure. Then he forgot why he called. Then he remembered. He had given me a list of the trains he has so that I could scan them and convert them back to a word document after he got the crytpowall virus and the original was encrypted.

I told him it was on his desktop of his computer. I knew immediately that he was not understanding what I meant. I tried to access his computer but noted that it was not on. I asked him if his computer was on as he won't be able to open the document if it is not. It was then that he realized what I meant by "on his computers desktop". He turned on the computer and I got in, in view only mode. He did not know how to print. At first I thought this was because of his memory, but then realized his computer now has Office 2007 and that stupid ribbon. I explained to him how to print and warned him that his new printer will print very quickly. There was the usual number of "hold ons" while he came up to speed as to whether the printer was on or not.

He was highly amused at how fast it printed, all his past printers were old HP deskjets, the new one is a laser printer. He then told me that the trains he was looking for were right were I said they would be down at the cave of wonders. He reported that he had a heck of a time carrying the box up to his apartment as it weighed a ton (maybe 30 pounds).

I did not bring up the screw driver set since I did not want to be on the phone for an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment