Friday, May 22, 2015

I guess you had to be there

Earlier today I stopped by Bob's apartment to drop off a check. I looked for the screw drivers he swore up and down was not in his apartment. Well he saw me looking through stuff and asked what I was doing, I told him and he said "Oh, those were right were you said they were in a desk drawer". ಠ_ಠ

I talked with him for a bit, the apartment was warm and his computer cooling fan was at full speed, he said he had turned off the AC because "he gets cold". 2 weeks ago he was complaining it was too warm in the apartment. ಠ_ಠ

There was more complaining that "they" had just piled stuff in the cave of wonders willy-nilly, and he's too weak to move things. I let him know I'm not throwing my back out again. After a while I tried to make good my escape, but just as I was leaving he had to show me something.

He had 2 covered hopper cars that said southern pacific (or something) on them in red, and he had to tell me that in real life all the printing on the cars was in red, but for some reason lionel had put these out with black lettering for everything but the road name.

Then he had to show me a pacific fruit express refrigerated box car that was silver. he proceeded to explain how an old timey refrigerated box car works because I already know; "These doors on the top open up and they dumped big blocks of ice inside", "see the real one was made of aluminum HA HA, and aluminum and water don't mix, AH AH AH HA!, and so the water would melt too fast HA HA AH AH HA! and the cars just corroded and fell apart! HA HA HA!" My dads laugh sounds similar to a crows call so... Then he had to tell me that they only made 3 of the aluminum cars in real life and they were sequentially numbered. ಠ_ಠ

No comments:

Post a Comment