Friday, May 15, 2015

Losing things that are not lost

I didn't hear from Bob all day yesterday. It was like a vacation, or would have been had I not had to go to urgent care for my back pains.

Today Bob stopped by and brought with him his MTH TIU. He said that it did not work and may have a blown fuse. When I pulled it out of the bag he had it in, it smelled like something might have burned up. I opened it up and checked all the fuses. All fuses were ok. I looked it over under a magnifying glass and did not find a problem.

While I was looking at it, Bob asked if I liked the screw driver that was in the bag. I did not care one way or the other. Seems he went out and bought a new set of screw drivers because he could not find the set that he had from before.

I know what set he was talking about. I used it several times since he moved in to the new apartment. I suggested he look on top of his bookcase as that was one of the places I saw it last. He looked confused about this. He said that he did not think that the screw drivers had made it out of his old apartment. This time he did not accuse "they" of losing or tossing it.

I then told him that not only was it at his new apartment, but that he had personally handed it to me the day he moved in. I then told him all the places I had seen it. He still looked confused and did not believe me. He kept saying "you mean at the old apartment?", NO this apartment. I reiterated that it is probably on top of his bookcase. He said "I hope your right". sigh™. What I think happens is that he looks for something, then half way through forgets where he has looked or thinks that he has looked some place when he has not.

He also told me he was having stomach problems and diarrhea for the last day or 2. He may have caught what James passed on to several people in my family.

I recommended that he double check the wiring of his layout, and of course he said that he had done that (which means he probably did not).

He also told me he had gone down to The Cave of Wonders (my new name for his storage unit), and that some trains he saw the day I hurt my back were "nowhere to be found" I suggested a possible location to look, and changed the subject.

Thankfully my Physical Therapist and Doctor don't want me hauling stuff around so I have a  great excuse not to go on another expedition to the cave of wonders.

EDIT:A few minutes after I posted this, he called and said that the layout is working, but the screw drivers are not where I said they might be. I reiterated that they are there somewhere and the next time I go there I will find them. He said he "can't believe they are there", because "he looked everywhere". Which of course he hasn't because if he had, he would have found them.

No comments:

Post a Comment