Monday, June 22, 2015

Defenestration prevented

Went to Bob's today. I fixed the issue with his monitor. I just had to press the auto config button and it centered the screen.

His computer was sitting there and the CPU fan was just howling away. Every time I go over there Juno is maxing out the CPU. I found that when he goes to the web using juno, the juno start page loads ads and who know what other crap and never shuts down when he goes back to email. Eventually causing the computer to become unusable.I had to redirect my.juno.com to 127.0.0.1 so that it cannot be accidentally accessed.

I placed a reminder note on his monitor to tell him that he should not use Juno WEB and to use firefox.

His printer was out of paper and he did not know how to add paper to it, so he did not try. I added paper and put a note on the printer showing where the paper tray is.

His TV had lost channel 7.2 metv I had to rescan and read everything and then go back and remove all the channels he would never watch.

Last thing was that he had a DVD that would not play at a certain point. I noted scratches on the DVD, he stated that it always had scratches, but I cannot confirm it. I took the DVD home and polished it, it gets further but still hangs up, I also found out that it is a bootleg copy.

When I had fixed all the computer problems Bob stated "you see that windows over there", "I can open that window and there is just a screen", "because of the computer problems I though about throwing myself out that window". ಠ_ಠ

I said "that seems like a permanent solution to a temporary problem". Really? first world problems? His computer doesn't work right so he thought about killing himself? ಠ_ಠ

No comments:

Post a Comment