Sunday, June 7, 2015

Indian Giver

Today Bob and I went to my nephews and his girlfriends new apartment. I brought with me a bag of t-shirts from a large collection that Bob had been carting around. Bob does not wear printed t-shirts, he only wears undershirts and dress shirts.

At one time he had about 20 or 30 printed t-shirts with fire trucks and trains on them. When we moved him, we went through them and threw away the ones that had been ruined, my nephew took some and the rest Bob continued to pack around with him (never wearing them of course). When he moved this last time, he handed me bags with piles of t-shirts in them and said he did not want them anymore.

When I handed the shirts to my nephew, Bob asked to see them...
He rifles through them and finds one he got from some Emergency Convention from years ago. He decides to take it. I tell him "You said you did not want them", Like a petulant child he responds "I would never get rid of this shirt". "are you going to wear it?" says I, "If I want to wear a t-shirt" says he, "So, no." says I, "Get off my back!" says he...
So back it goes to storage until he dies and then if it is not ruined maybe someone will actually wear it.

He does stuff like this all the time, gives me something says he does not want it, and if he sees it later he wants it back. He marks his name inside all of his books, not once, not twice, but thrice! I'm surprised he doesn't piss in the corners of his apartment to mark his territory. You would think that he grew up in a huge family where all his stuff was stolen by siblings or something... NOPE he was the youngest of 3 kids, his 2 sisters were several years older than him and did not care for stinky boys old trains and books.

The rest of the visit at my nephews house went fine, though I could tell Bob was bored because no one was talking about trains or firetrucks..

No comments:

Post a Comment