Sunday, February 14, 2016

Another routine cleaning


Yesterday we went to Bob's apartment.

We showed up with groceries and he said "about time, I'm out of food".  A quick check of his refrigerator showed he was not out of food. He was just out of hamburgers, and bananas.

I changed out his bed sheets and sprayed the bedframe and mattress covers with Temprid. I did not see any Bed bugs. I vacuumed his apartment and it is amazing how well a vacuum works with a new filter, the one he had was probably over 5 years old.

My wife cleaned while I was doing the above.

I brought one of his pension checks he had not cashed. I had him sign it, but he lamented that he had no way to cash it. I told him I would cash it and bring it back to him on our next visit. He said "ok". I took it to the bank and deposited it in to his account. It is very unlikely he will remember. I have paper work coming (for him to sign) to direct deposit his checks straight in to his account. I will tell him that the company he gets the pension from is switching to deposit only. He does not need to have a wallet full of cash and nowhere to spend it, and I do not want him squirreling away his money all over the apartment.

He still shows no sign that he noticed half his trains gone. I did tell him that I am taking him down to the cave of wonders on Monday.

My wife had to leave to pickup some stuff for his apartment and bring him some food to eat. I gave her his bank card and told her to go to walmart buy what was needed get cash back and use that at Jack in the box. While she was gone the following happened:

He began showing me a book about the Bayer Garret locomotives, then some illinois railroad then a couple of other books, then he talked about my youngest sister in Atlanta, GA and how much he missed her and how funny she was when she was little.

Then he showed me a book about the Bayer Garret locomotives, then some illinois railroad then a couple of other books, then he talked about my youngest sister in Atlanta, GA and how much he missed her and how funny she was when she was little.ಠ_ಠ

Then he showed me a book about the Bayer Garret locomotives, then some illinois railroad then a couple of other books, then he talked about my youngest sister in Atlanta, GA and how much he missed her and how funny she was when she was little.ಠ_ಠ

Then he showed me a book about the Bayer Garret locomotives, then some illinois railroad then a couple of other books, then he talked about my youngest sister in Atlanta, GA and how much he missed her and how funny she was when she was little.ಠ_ಠ

The whole time he mostly never looked up from the books and I just watched whatever he had on TV not listening to anything he said.

At one point he said that he needed to "go to a chiropractor twice a week", I said "he didn't", he said he did, I said "he didn't", he said he did, I said "he didn't" he said "I guess I don't". Neither of us can take him twice a week, my wife is going to see if she can take him once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment