Sunday, November 8, 2015

An hour with a crazy person

I just got back from Bob's apartment. I went there to connect his new phone for people who are hard of hearing. Of course I can't just do that.

He started in on not being able to find his cell phone charger that I know we setup for him when he moved in to the apartment.

He insisted that it was never in the apartment and he KNOWS that it is in storage (everything he can't find must be in storage). This involved a shouting match of "the charger is in his apartment" followed by "no it's not" and repeat.

I got so pissed off I told him I was leaving and he could just stay home and eat.

I ended up staying for reasons I can't fathom.

He was complaining that he had no heat, I looked at his thermostat and it was set to 62° well no wonder. I bumped it up as high as it will go which is 75°. I could not test it because the temperature in his apartment is 77°.

Then I noticed that he had not opened the hairbrush I got him about 3 weeks ago. I asked him about it and he said it was because it was plastic. I said "they're all plastic". he said that the bristles were too hard. ಠ_ಠ

He told me that stores don't carry soft ones (which is bullshit). I told him I would get him one.

I hate buying things for him because if he doesn't like it, it's not because of him, it's because I did not buy the right thing or whatever.

I asked him at one point if he had a bad memory and he said "no". I told him that he did but he kept insisting that he did not. I finally showed him the wikipedia entry for alzheimers and read it to him.

A few minutes later I asked if he had a bad memory and he said "of course he does".....
It is near impossible to have a conversation with him as he goes off on tangents at any instant and you can never complete a train of thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment