Sunday, November 22, 2015

Intervention

Saturday we went over to move the stuff under the train layout, My brother and I showed up, knocked on the door, and Bob answered bright red faced, hair disheveled, and furious. He just yells "WE CAN'T DO IT TODAY!". "why?" said I. "BECAUSE IT'S SUNDAY!" he said, (the storage place is closed on Sundays).

I said "today is Saturday". "WHAT!" he said. "Today is Saturday" I said. "NO IT'S NOT, IT'S SUNDAY", blah blah blah. anyways.

So we packed up the stuff under his train layout, it was mostly boxes of trains, and misc stuff.

All through the time we were packing the stuff up he would get mad and grab his hair and get very mad. My brother would laugh. I did not know why till later when he said it reminded him of our mom as she did the same things in the last couple of years she was alive. He said "he just wanted to hug Bob".

We took the stuff down to storage and went to my house.

When my wife came home she said she was worried about him because Bob said that sometime in the last couple of days he had tried to stab himself in the stomach with a large butcher knife but that the knife just felt like it was pushing against rubber and he gave up.

The problems with this is that if he had done that it should have hurt and cut him, so I do not know if he just dreamed it or really tried to do it.

He had also taken all his meds but he may have taken them all on one day (we are not sure). If he had taken way to much of his meds he might have been hallucinating.

My wife called the suicide prevention hot line and some people came out to talk to him. After about 30 or so minutes they called a local hospital and we took him to St. Lukes generation. I will not go in to details but we were there for 6 hours and did not get out till about 11:00pm.

Today we took him some clothes. He may be there for a week or more.

No comments:

Post a Comment