Sunday, January 24, 2016

A visit and a problem

We visited Bob in the rehab place today. We drove his truck since I wanted to see if it drove better with properly inflated tires (I could not tell). When we arrived he was asleep, a plate of some kind of nasty looking sauce and some not appetizing looking peas was on his table.

I woke him by barely touching him and he jumped. We brought his shaver and had him shave, I had to help him since he did not have a mirror, he had not shaved in almost a week.

We gave him a chocolate milk and my wife checked his leg. His left leg was swollen yellowish and bruised, it was very warm to the touch, he had a rash of some kind and if you pressed on his skin the area you pressed would turn pale but instantly turn pink again when you let go.

We notified the nurse before leaving and the last we heard the doctor she was in contact with wanted a picture.

The whole time we were there he had this distant, melancholy, and apathetic manner. Although he did think it was hilarious when my wife got upset and yelled at me because she could not find the cap to the pen she was using to mark his clothes with.

No comments:

Post a Comment