Saturday, January 16, 2016

Wearing him out

I took Bob down to the cave of wonders today. I told him when we got there that we were not there for show and tell.

When we got there and I opened the door he began rooting around and complaining that boxes were empty that he thought should not be and pissing and moaning. I got fed up with it and told him that if he did not stop we would get in the car and take him home.

He finally got down to business of looking at books to decide which ones to keep and which ones to sell. When he would start to show me something I would just tell him I don't care and make him move on.

Since he was cooperating I gave him a chair to sit on. He kept going through books and if it had color pictures he generally wanted to keep it. After about an hour of this he began to get tired and I told him that we weren't going to stop till we looked at them all. He continued on but a few minutes later he said the magic words "I don't care what you do with the rest of them".
YES!

I put everything back in the cave of wonders and since he was such a good boy I told him we would go get Mexican food. He bought of course, he didn't know that, but since he was always weaseling out of paying, I paid using his card.

We went to the bank to cash his small pension check. I tried to get him to deposit half of it but he wanted all of it.

Then we went to the grocery store. I tried to get him to do his own shopping but he did not even know what he needed. So I told him to stay put and I zipped around the store and got his stuff.

When we got to the dairy section he said he wanted 2 gallons of chocolate milk. I tried to tell him he did not need 2 gallons since he only uses 1 per week. He started getting mad and saying "I want 2!" fine whatever.

Then I took him home.

No comments:

Post a Comment