Sunday, January 24, 2016

Crime scene clean up

Yesterday the wife and I went on a date, to my dads house to clean it. YAY!

The maintenance people had been back and put his bed back together which was annoying because I had to take it apart again. They had also opened a window.

Either maintenance had done some cleaning or the breeze blowing through the apartment blew the dried blood in to a pile? Anyways!

I swept up most of the dried blood. Seems that blood on vinyl flooring peels up on it's own when it dries. I used a mop and bleach water to clean up the rest. I vacuumed under his bed then with the help of the wife we cut the old bed bug proof mattress covers open and immediately put the mattress and box springs in to new ones. There were no bugs inside the mattress covers.

I noted that my dad has wet the bed on a couple of occasions.

Then I mixed up the Temprid at about triple strength and put the frame on end against the wall. While wearing rubber gloves I doused the frame in Temprid. Then I put down the bed bug traps for the bed frame legs and drenched those. I placed the bed frame legs in the traps and drenched the top of the bed frame. Then Drenched the bottom of the box spring before putting it on the frame. I did the same with the mattress and placed that on the box spring. Then I sprayed the sides of the bed and the surrounding floor and wall.

I cleaned the kitchen sink and stove and did his dishes that looked like they had not been done in a while.

The wife cleaned the worst of the blood out of the bathroom. How he got it up on the wall we are not quite sure. I also mopped the bathroom floor with bleach water.

While we were cleaning his apartment Al (the neighbor across from him) stopped in and asked about Bob. Al is deaf as a post, 80 something years old and still drives (a point that bugs my dad). Al does not have Alzheimer's. He said he would be visiting Bob and wanted the address. He also asked for some reading material from Bob's apartment (to take to Bob). We gave him a Fire apparatus magazine. He wanted to know if Bob would like grapes or grape juice. No not really, but we told him to take him some chocolate milk. Al asked what year my dads truck was, and I told him. Then he asked what we were going to do with it? sigh™ Vultures! I told him I own it (which I do).

We did his laundry there and while waiting for it I made a sign for him telling him not to put his bed against the wall and to leave the traps under the legs of the bed frame.

I also ran updates on his computer.

We noted that with the window open and a nice breeze blowing through the apartment it no longer smelled like dirty old person.

The wife also cleaned out the fridge a little bit.

I took his laptop since he has not used it since he left Seattle.

Later that day we went to visit him in the rehab place and he was eating dinner. He claimed that no one fed him breakfast and he did not eat lunch till about 4pm. I have no idea if this is true. He says the food sucks. His right hand is very swollen and he was not using it. When I looked at it his hand shook the whole time, even when I had him relax, it only stopped when he put it down on the bed. His left hand shakes as well when he uses it.

We brought him a chocolate cake, some chocolate milk, and his shoes.

We told him that some people he knows at the apartment will be visiting him on Monday. He was surprised by this. A few minutes later he informed us of the same thing. sigh™

Today I worked on his/my truck a bit. I aired up the tires, the were all very low. I found a nail in one but it seems to have not gone through the tread. I need to get it fixed and the tires rotated, who knows when they last were.

I looked behind the seat and under it for anything of value or unusual. I found a nickel, and that a gallon of water had spilled but most of it was soaked up by a roll of paper towels behind the seat.

2 days ago I removed the radio and center section of the trim so I could work on the AC vents, while trying to fix them I broke both of them sigh™. I ordered replacements from ebay.

No comments:

Post a Comment