Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Not even 1 day later

I called him this morning to make sure he had eaten dinner, and was going to have breakfast and take his pills.

He wasn't even back at his apartment 1 day and he was complaining that he was trapped and being held prisoner because he could not drive.

I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with him and told him repeatedly to get dressed, go down to the lobby and talk to people, ask them what there is to do and so on.

He made every excuse he could, but it appears he actually went down there. Whether he did anything else besides imitate Eeyore I do not know.

My wife is taking him to dinner tonight, I am not going as I cannot take anymore of illogical, forgetful old people today.

I spoke with the social worker at his apartment complex and she suggested that other than going in to memory care, that he would be better off in a group home. I did not tell her that, that was not something he would go along with.

No comments:

Post a Comment