Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Something is very wrong with Bob

He called me today and told me that he was almost out of food. I really get tired of writing about this so we'll just skip to: he is not out of food. He just cannot plan or understand that the food he has is enough to last him over a week.

He told me that the extra beef that I have been sending home with him he has been throwing away. I do not know for how long. He won't eat it because it is not cooked all the way and does not understand that reheated meat that is pink will cook to brown.

He has forgotten how to cook almost everything he used to eat. His diet consists of hamburger patties with gravy on them, boiled frozen vegetables, the occasional pork chop, microwaved potatoes, bananas and chocolate milk.

He wanted me to tell him how to make mashed potatoes and gravy (something he used to know how to make).

We went there to change his bandage, and see how much food he has. he is very confused and nothing makes sense to him. If he does not remember it then it did not happen and you cannot convince him otherwise. He repeats stories and goes off on tangents and cannot focus on anything. I could not completely remove the bandage because the scab had soaked in to it and hardened. So I removed part of the gauze and soaked the scabby bandage with alcohol and covered that with a new piece of gauze and a new wrap.

After we left he called me later and wanted me to tell him how to access his bank account. It is pointless for me to explain it over the phone to him in his present state as the process is too complicated for him. Not 10 minutes later he called and said that I had not told him how to access his account. I had to tell him all over that I cannot tell him over the phone.

Tomorrow we are going to see about signing him up for some kind of meal programs, either at the apartment or through meals on wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment